Friday, February 27, 2009

Divide et Impera. The book.

As Warren mentioned before, this show started in Portugal a couple of years ago, as part of the International Comics Festival of Amadora. That show had Warren as an artist, and that's one of the losses in the new show. Warren has been developing work that is very close - or so I think - to the spirit which I think brings these incredibly different artists together.

Well, we have Molotiu and Lemos in this new adventure, and I'm happy Second Street Gallery took us in.


Related to the show: I'm publishing a book, the very first from Montesinos, which I hope will be a new chapter in my life, already dedicated to comics in various fronts. The book is titled after the first show, and has this amazingly beautiful wrap-around-cover by Warren. Isn't it something?


The book is at the printer's as we speak, so let's see how it works out. We're using colored paper so the end result will be slightly different, but I'm sure Warren doesn't mind me showing you his drawing (interrupted only by the logo).


The book includes short excerpts, although self-contained (to a certain extent), from Frédéric's, Warren's and Zimbres' books, complete short stories by Aerim and Ilan, and several short pieces from André and Andrei, as well as short texts on their work.

It opens with an essay by me, and has lots of "dialoging" pictures by Warren.

Stay tuned for more information.

No comments: